Directions for ordering 23andme test kits and Natural DNA Solutions reports Genetic testing and DNA analysis has never been easier and more affordable.
1. Know what you're getting into
READ this entire website. You may also want to watch my DNA videos on Youtube. Go to Tom Ballard ND for several videos on DNA testing and reports.
2. Order your test kit
(Skip to #4 if you already have results from 23andme.com or Ancestry.com)
Are you ready for an adventure?
23andme.com and Ancestry.com both provide raw genetic data which Natural DNA Solutions turns into a 140+ page comprehensive health report.
Order a test kit
Follow their instructions
Once you have it, follow their directions to send your sample to them.
3. Wait. It takes 4-6 weeks. Use the time to familiarize yourself with the information on this and 23andme websites.
4. Purchase your Natural DNA Solutions report on this website.
Secure purchase options are provided at the bottom of this page.
5. Send your 23andme.com or Ancestry.com data to Natural DNA Solutions so we can turn it into a health report.
Once you've gone to the Natural DNA Solutions website and made your payment, go to your 23andme.com or Ancestry.com page and send your data to us.
FOR OLDER 23andme kits:
A. Go to your home page. Your name in the upper right corner. Click on the down arrow.
B. A drop down menu will appear. Click on: "Browse Raw Data".
D. For security reasons, you'll be asked to sign in again. Choose "All DNA data" and click on the Download button.
6. When you receive your NDS report, spend quality time with it. This is a detailed message from your DNA about your health. Parts of it will be straight-forward and easy to implement (ie Your ability to produce vitamin A is reduced: add vitamin A rich foods and consider a supplement). Other parts may be foreign to you and need the guidance of your healthcare provider to implement (ie You break down certain neurotransmitters too slowly: If your prone to anxiety, consult with your health provider about supplements that improve neurotransmitter activity).
We suggest you print out your report and organize it in a 3-ring binder. This way you can add new material as it becomes available. We regularly update DNA research material on Facebook: Natural DNA Solutions.
7. Consult with your health practitioner. Before implementing the general suggestions from your NDS report, consult with a health practitioner who knows your specific health history. You want someone who understands genetic testing, nutrition, and detoxification therapies that optimize your genetic message.